Monday, August 23, 2010

Do any of those gimmicky pore cleanser appliances actually work?

I saw this thing today that is supposed to remove blackheads and whiteheads by doing some suction thing and spraying some kind of mist...is that all a bunch of hooey? Do you have any good poor cleansing tips or products that definitely show results? I just got a magnifying mirror and I don't like what I see!!!Do any of those gimmicky pore cleanser appliances actually work?
Most don't.


Neutrogena does. I don't have bad acne but my mom has adult acne and I tried some and now my skin is absolutely flawless.





Facewash works best for me because they wash away the gunk in your pores.





I would stay away from masks, though some actually work.Do any of those gimmicky pore cleanser appliances actually work?
yep some do
I'm 42 and haven't found anything better than using a washcloth. I use masks, toners and keep my skin moisturized.
Probably doesn't work. Most creams/lotions don't.
Nope they are all just hype. The only thing that is new and is raved about is Zeno.
Skin care can be a touchy thing for some. If you are prone to blackheads and other skin problems, I would avoid things such as oils.





In a word, to maximize the solution: Exfoliate. Then moisturize. The skin condition will improve. Essentially ... it's not a bunch of hooey at all. Finding the correct solution for your own individual issue may take some experimentation and time though. Don't get the cheap stuff.
The best thing I have come across is the Clarisonic brush. It works on clogged pores on your face or shoulders. I have been trying it for a few months and reviewed it on my blog www.truthinaging.com. It costs nearly $200 though, so a cheaper alternative is a good cleanser (even with the Clarisonic you need a good cleanser). If you can find one with black charcoal, that would be best.





I use Amla by Tracie Martyn. It is expensive but lasts about six months.
Avon has a good one. Pore reducer or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment